We did it! House Passes Bill for Better Parkinson's Data!

From: Parkinson's Action Network
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:56 PM
To: Rayilyn Brown
Subject: We did it! House Passes Bill for Better Parkinson's Data!

      House Passes H.R. 1362, National Neurological Diseases Surveillance System Act

      Great news! Congress has heard your requests and the House of Representatives passed H.R. 1362, the National Neurological Diseases Surveillance System Act! Thanks to your thousands of e-mails, phone calls, and meetings since last year, the House of Representatives tonight, September 28, unanimously passed H.R. 1362.

      This expanded legislation will establish a national data surveillance system that will track and collect data on the epidemiology, incidence, prevalence, and other factors of neurological diseases, including Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis.  The system will provide researchers and epidemiologists with a coordinated system of health data on neurological diseases and will advance our understanding of how to treat and support the Parkinson's community.  Learn more.

      To make this data system a reality, the Senate must now take action on S. 1273.  Please urge your Senators to support Senate passage of S. 1273 this Congress.

      E-mail your Senators!

       If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.