Hi all!!  I was a member of this group several years ago but let my membership
lapse because I didn't have time to read all the input.  Now I'm semi-retired
and think maybe I can keep up with it.

I am a 61 year old female, and this is my 24th year with Parkinson's.  Two and a
half years ago, I had the deep brain stimulation operation on both sides of my
brain.  I still take carbidopa/levadopa 10 /100 and Amantadine, but I quit
everything else cold turkey because the meds were making me feel sick all the
time.  I've tried just about everything in the arsenal of meds during my 24
years with PD, but for now this combination seems to be adequate.  I would
encourage anyone who is interested to look into DBS seriously, as it has
definitely proven helpful to me.

I would welcome any questions about the operation, or anything else for that
matter.

Thanks for listening.

Marti Coleman
Bloomington, Indiana