Peggy  This is great.  I think pain is one of the least mentioned Parkinsons
symptoms.
----->
> ---------cut below here and return or paste info in your reply -----------
>

> PAIN QUESTIONNAIRE
>
> 1. Do you have pain that accompanies or is a result of your Parkinson's
> symptoms?
>
> _X__ Yes ___ No
>
> 2. Where is your pain located? (Please be as descriptive as possible)
>
> Wrists, shoulder, upper arm, feet, neck, lower back>
> 3. Does the pain get disabling enough that you take medication or do some
> other therapy for relief?
>
> _X__ Yes ___ No
> physical therapy, ibuprofen, time out>
> 4. How long have you been diagnosed with Parkinson's?
> ____ days ____ months ___9_ years
>
> 5. Do you believe, or has your doctor told you that the pain is due to
> your
> Parkinson's?
>
> __x_ Yes ___ No
>
> Foot/toe curling causes foot pain; shoulder due to frozen shoulder and
> cogwheeling; wrists are a mystery
Do others have wrist pain?
> 6. Do you believe or have you been told the pain is due to a medication
> you
> have taken long term for Parkinson's?
>
> ___ Yes _X__ No
>
> 7. On a scale of 1-5 (with 5 being the most severe), how would you rate
> your
> pain most of the time?
>
> 1 ___ 2 __X_ 3 ___ 4 ___ 5 ___
NOTE:  I frequently have pain in category4 and that is what bothers me.  I
can live with the 2 category.
The 4 category is getting worse and lasting longer.

> 8. Have you been told that you have or have you ever been diagnosed with
> any of the following (if associated with your site of pain) ? Check all
> that
> apply:
>
> Fibromyalgia ____ Dystonia ____ Severe dyskinesia ____
>
> Degenerative disc disease or herniated disc _____ Arthritis _____
>
> Spinal cord injury ____ Spinal stenosis ____ Scoliosis _____
>
> None of the above __X___
>
> Comments?
Some of the pain was present prior to PD, such as back pain, but it has
worsened with PD.
I dont know the technical term, but I just seem to be getting tighter and
tighter everywhere.
I refer to myself as akinetic dominant as opposed to tremor dominant.  I
have read that akinetic
PD progresses at the same rate as tremor but the akinetic type is more
disabling.   Does anyone else
feel the same?