From: Kathleen Cochran <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: NEURTURIN FAILS CLINICAL TRIALS FOR PARKINSON'S DISEASE
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:15:38 -0400

Wait a minute...recruitment is currently under way for a Ceregene clinical
trial to be conducted at a number of sites.

From Movement Disorder News, the newsletter of the Beth Israel Parkinson's
Disease and Movement Disorders Research Center (Fall 2010, Issue No. 2):

"...CERE-120 has been shown to be safe in animals and in people with PT, and
it has been shown to protect and improve the function of damaged brain
cells. CERE-120 has the potential to improve PD symptoms and possibly slow
disease progression."

There is nothing about this that says "failure" to me.

And about the so-called failure of GDNF: well...

Kathleen

Clinical Drug Trials: Growth Factor and Parkinson's Disease