-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	CFP reminder for MAMA
Date: 	Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:04:24 -0600
From: 	Krause, Kathy M. <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	[log in to unmask]

As always, my apologies for cross posting.

As the holidays and the end of the semester approaches, a gentle reminder of the deadline for submission of abstracts for the Thirty-Fifth Annual Mid-America Medieval Association Conference

This years conference topic is Medieval Recycling

* Conference date: February 26, 2011 (opening reception the evening before)
* Location: The University of Missouri—Kansas City

*Deadline for one-page abstracts is December 15, 2010

*Plenary Speaker: Dr. Sarah Kay, Professor of French, Princeton University,
“Recycling the Troubadours: Quotation and the Development of European Poetry”

The Mid-America Medieval Association invites paper proposals for its
annual conference. We welcome twenty-minute papers on the conference
topic or any medieval topic. (Proposals for sessions - 3 papers, with
or without a chairperson - are also welcome.)

*MEDIEVAL RECYCLING:
*The medieval world saw the creative recycling of ideas, images,
materials and practices from classical antiquity and elsewhere
throughout the span of a thousand years. We would like for this
conference to explore the re-use and re-imagining of both material
objects and ideas in a variety of domains, from things like tropes and
citations used in texts and charters, to the copying of images, to the
re-using of materials such as parchment (for instance, the discoveries
found in things like palimpsests and binding fragments), architectural
elements, or building materials. Other possible ways to think about
the topic might include focusing on the transmission of ideas or
techniques through different cultural lenses and perspectives.

Send a one-page abstract by December 15 to:
Dr. Kathy M. Krause
Fax: 816-235-1312

--
Dr. Kathy M. Krause