Yes and no. (answer to first question)
Yes (answer to second)
  Below is some basic information from the Social Security website:
(more to follow)
Peggy Willocks

From List of Impairments
http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/listing-impairments.htm

Part III - Listing Of Impairments
The Listing of Impairments describes, for each major body system,
impairments considered severe enough to prevent an individual from doing any
gainful activity (or in the case of children under age 18 applying for SSI,
severe enough to cause marked and severe functional limitations). Most of
the listed impairments are permanent or expected to result in death, or the
listing includes a specific statement of duration is made. For all other
listings, the evidence must show that the impairment has lasted or is
expected to last for a continuous period of at least 12 months. The criteria
in the Listing of Impairments are applicable to evaluation of claims for
disability benefits under the Social Security disability insurance program
or payments under both the SSI program.

More specifically:
"11.06 Parkinsonian syndrome with the following signs: Significant rigidity,
bradykinesia, or tremor in two extremities, which, singly or in combination,
result in sustained disturbance of gross and dexterous movements, or gait
and station."
Source:  Social Security Administration (SSA)

"Definition of Disability
For all individuals applying for disability benefits under title II, and for
adults applying under title XVI, the definition of disability is the same.
The law defines disability as the inability to engage in any substantial
gainful activity (SGA) by reason of any medically determinable physical or
mental impairment(s) which can be expected to result in death or which has
lasted or can be expected to last for a continuous period of not less than
12 months."
Source:  Social Security Administration
http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/general-info.htm