From: Peggy Willocks <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Wading Through the Disability Process
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 16:41:47 -0400

A large part of this article was written by a friend who feared revealing
her name would jeopardize her disability approval, and she requested to
remain anonymous.  She actually went through the appeal process.  On the
other hand, I was approved the first time I applied.  I worked with the APDA
administration and a lawyer (who to this day has it posted on his website)
and this article was published in the APDA Young Onset Newsletter, Fall -
2003.  Much of it is still relevant today.

I give anyone desiring to do so permission to post segments or the article
in its entirety in this Listserv.  I believe you will find it helpful. I
have posted the first paragraph to help you decide whether or not you want
to read more.
NOTE:  To prevent formatting problems, cut and paste the article into a Word
document in plain text prior to emailing to the Listserv.  You may also cut
and paste directly into the body of your email, BUT you must use plain text,
not HTML
Peggy

WADING THROUGH THE DISABILITY FILING PROCESS
By Peggy Willocks (a successful applicant)

This list of tips has been compiled from the author's experience and hours
of research, from ideas offered by people with Parkinson's disease who have
been through the process, and from others who have independent expertise. It
is important to note, however, that each case is different and that the
author of this article is not an attorney. This article therefore should not
be construed in any way as legal advice. Consulting with an attorney
specializing in disability may be advisable.
. . . Continued

The remainder of this article can be found at the website below.  Posting
parts or all of this article or linking to this website does not constitute
endorsing or promoting this attorney.
http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/adisabil.html