i recently heard from Joan Snyder, a long time list member, who has been up to some exciting projects. She asked me to share the news with the list. Joan’s new project is being the executive producer for a cd called: VOICES FROM THE SOUNDTRACK OF OUR LIVES SONGS OF HOPE & COURAGE WRITTEN & PREFORMED BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH PARKINSON’S OR BY PEOPLE WHO CARE FOR PEOPLE WITH PARKINSON’S  Joan describes the CD: “For many years, those of us living in the Parkinson’s community have been searching for that one strong & compelling, brave & universal voice that we could adopt as our spokesperson to get the word out about our struggles and challenges, Of course we have a number of celebrities who give an easily recognizable face to our disease but we cannot nor should not expect them to tell any story but their own.As I was searching, listening & wondering which voice I should use for this cd, the answer suddenly struck me like a blinding flash of the obvious! Parkinson’s Disease is called the snowflake disease because no two people experience the disease in the same way: symptoms, progression, rate of progression, how we are affected by outside influences…thelist goes on nearly forever.And since the condition cannot be defined by any one voice or person, we each must find our own voice & shout out what it is that we are dealing with. We must let our voices be heard by doctors, politicians & researchers who hold our feet to the fire with talk of finding THE cure while families continue to be ripped apart by the damage caused by PD, We are not victims-we live life as it is handed to us. We will find our voices; each will be different as the snowflakes & the many genres of music on this CD & we will come together to sing our songs of HOPE & COURAGE. I have signed 15+ performers (storyteller, folk, bluegrass. country, techno-pop, gospel, celtic, gypsy jazz and rock n roll) who have all me their best efforts (i am so blessed!) and my friend and internationaly-known artist Preston Jackson is doing the artwork for the cover. the music is being professionally mixed and arranged by my producer. we are hoping to have the cd ready for National Parkinson's Awareness month, so we are having a gala release party on friday, march 18th. this will be the first event of my 11th annual Shake, Rattle & Roll weekend so everyone is invited to attend. Any questions please call Joan Blessington Snyder @ 309-579-3026." Good luck Joan! We look forward to listening to the CD (and try to figure out how to subscribe to the list again -- miss you.) linda

www.pdpipeline.org