Dear REEDsters and PERFORMers,

I have just completed the Fall 2010 edition of the MRDS
newsletter.  The newsletter has all of the regular features of
conference news, recent publications, and MRDS business.  I hope that
I have caught most of what is important and represented it
accurately.  If I have missed something, we can include it at some point.

I have added two or three new features to the newsletter.  After
uploading all of the sections of the newsletter, I have gathered the
entire newsletter into one section for those who would like to read
it without all of the clicking.  I have also reformatted it a bit and
created a PDF file for ease of downloading and printing.  Also, for
those who have a Kindle or the Kindle Application, I have also
created a Mobi file.

For mobile device users, please read on.  For all others, I thank you
for your help and wish you well.

Happy Holidays.

Gerard

For you mobile users--

To the best of my knowledge, it seems that you can click on the Mobi
file, save it to your hard drive, and drag it to your mobile
device.  If you have the Kindle App on your computer, you can open it
directly.  As you probably know, Kindle books do not always format as
you has wished and often look different on different devices: I have
found this to be quite true with this document.

For readers on an iPhone or iPod and the variety of other mobile
devices, I had hoped that you would be able to click on the file and
open it directly.  As far as I can tell, this is not the
case.  Though the PDF works fine in both cases, my iPod says that
Safari does not support Mobi (or ePub), and the Google App just spins
and gives up.  I am trying to figure out if there is a workable
parallel format that Safari, Google Mobile, and their counterparts
support.  If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Once again, Happy Holidays to All,

Gerard

Gerard NeCastro
MRDS Newsletter Secretary