Nigel
I am sorry to learn that your DBS wasn't totally effective.  Mine was
wonderful for the first year, but now my PD is progressing.  I am
having symptoms  like I had after having PD for 10 years.  My gait
is  off and so is my balance.  I hope I don't start falling again.  I
also have tremors and my  feet move on their own.  The DBS did not
help my handwriting and sometimes I can't even read my own handwriting.
Pam