> it is my understanding  that current practice is to start with a
> Dopamine Agonist to postpone or delay  the start of Sinemet and stay with
>  the  Agonist until something (side  effect, inefficiency) requires you
>  to  switch to Sinemet.

There have been umpteen discussions about starting with ldopa or with
agonists. In the long run it seems there is not much difference, that is what
most clinical tests have shown.
Some people get on with just sinemet. Since they all have side effects, you
have to navigate and see what is best for you. The simpler is often the
better.
Here in France they do not like prescribing agonists after about 65 years of
age because of possible cognitive effects
maryse