Karol

I don't take Sinemet at all.  I had DBS in 2003 and that stopped the tremors.  Sinemet only helped on the first dose.  I've tried it many times.  Took it when batteries died this summer  so I could move a little, but doesn't seem to help at all now that my batteries have been replaced.

DBS is great for tremor; doesn't help all that much for balance, bradykinesia, micrographia and makes voice worse, but its worth it to me.  I had botox recently for leg dystonia but it doesn't seem to have helped.  Some people  with PD find botox helpful for dystonia.

Ray

From: Karol Klim
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 3:55 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Solo Sinemet

      Hello, I am 53 years of age and have been recently diagnosed with PD and am taking .75 of Sinemet and .75 of Mirapex.  I would like to see how I would do with just taking Sinemet alone.  I am concerned about the side effects of Mirapex, particularly the "sudden onset of sleep" possibility while driving.   It sounds like you have had a lot of success with only taking Sinemet at a very low dosage.  Is this true or have you had some tremors and rigidity?  I would like to do the same, if possible.  thanks for your help.  Karol