$40 seems very reasonable for any association membership -- I'm happy to
pay it. But if the only thing the membership is likely to fund is an
annual mini-conference that can be collected for separately, I wonder
whether even trying to collect membership dues is worth the headache.
CASLL seems to have given up trying to get the level of institutional
respectability that CASDW enjoys, and in fact got on well as an informal
group for a number of years at the beginning. Now that we have CASDW to
be the formal representative of writing studies in Canada, is there
merit to continuing CASLL as a strictly informal group, without the need
for a formal board etc.?

I hope we hear from some other Inkshedders on this point.

Cheers

Doug

--

Dr. Doug Brent
Social Sciences 312

University of Calgary
Department of Communication and Culture

2500 University Drive N.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Voice: (403) 220-5458 Fax: (403) 210-8138
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~dabrent