I like the sound of this, Brock, Roger and Doug. You have all been
responsible keepers of the books for CASLL and this suggestion is one
more piece of evidence of that. I think that the Inkshed meeting last
year was very useful in a number of ways and would like to see this
format continue for at least another year until the membership decides
what to do next. I, for one, miss the creative milieu that the old
Inkshed format used to engender. It was ( and should be) quite different
from the academic seriousness of CASDW(which is not to denigrate that
venerable institution). With such a healthy bank balance we can explore
some interesting possibilities in terms of the reincarnation/
resurrection/ of Inkshed. (You can tell I'm already looking forward to
spring). I will be sending my fees in this week, and let the discussions
begin!
Theresa Hyland
Director, Writing and Cross-cultural Services
Huron University College.