Russ, thanks so much for making sure that these valuable resources
will continue to be available.  I go back to copies of the Inkshed
newsletter often--there is wonderful material there.  Both the
newsletter and the archives are so important to the history of
writing studies in Canada.
Best,
Betsy

At 12:19 PM 1/3/2011, you wrote:
>This is to let you know that the CASLL email list has moved.
>It's now housed at the University of Toronto, and the new list
>address (and name) is [log in to unmask]
>
>I'm continuing for a while as "listowner," and Margaret Procter
>is also so designated. Other than the new listname and address
>the list will work just as it has for the last 15 years.
>
>The list has been pretty much inactive for the last couple of
>years, and we don't expect it will experience a renaissance --
>but we wanted to make sure that the list archives remained
>accessible, and searchable (without making people's email
>addresses also accessible), and the server at Toronto provides
>that. You'll find them here:
>
>https://listserv.utoronto.ca/cgi-bin/wa?A0=CASLL-L
>
>The archives of the Inkshed Newsletter, on the other hand, will
>remain at St. Thomas, here:
>
>http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/letters.htm
>
>We've moved all current subscribers from the old list to this
>new one. If you want to unsubscribe, you should send an email
>saying only
>
>unsubscribe casll-l
>
>to [log in to unmask]
>
>We expect that some decisions will be made at the Congress in
>May about connecting what remains of the Inkshed organization
>formally to CASDW, but it seemed important to maintain the
>archives so that we (and future scholars of language and
>learning in Canada) would have access to our history.
>
>Oh, and Happy New Year.
>
>-- Russ
>
>Russ Hunt
>Department of English
>St. Thomas University
>http://www.stu.ca/~hunt/

M. Elizabeth (Betsy) Sargent
Director of Writing Initiatives and
Interim Director, Writing Studies (OIS)
Professor, Department of English and Film Studies
University of Alberta
Edmonton, AB  T6G 2E5

(780) 492-0457 (office)
Humanities Centre 3-79
http://www.sargent.nelson.com/
http://www.writinginitiatives.ualberta.ca/en.aspx
http://www.ois.ualberta.ca/nav01.cfm?nav01=89519
"You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on
the way down."
--Ray Bradbury