Dirk,

I don't think there is any good reason to expect that PD symptoms generally
follow a neat progression over time. My wife died a little over a year ago
at age 76 after 31 years of PD, and there were numerous changes in the kind
of symptoms she exhibited, as well as changes in intensity of the same
symptoms. For the last five years of her life, my wife was visited monthly
by her neurologist at the nursing home where she resided, and I occasionally
was in touch with him by phone between visits, with frequent changes or
tweaks in her medications. Your neurologist is probably the best person to
decide what is going on with your wife, but even the best ones find
themselves puzzled by this awful malady. Best wishes.

-Ken