Dirk, I have a suggestion.  Get a blood pressure machine and check her BP
after she returns from a walk.  Also check her pulse to see if it is regular
and below 100.  People with PD often have autonomic nervous system problems
that throw off their blood pressures.  They may have a very high blood
pressure one minute and then a very low blood pressure the next.  A low
blood pressure will sap strength out of anyone - even a healthy person.

Weight loss is a very common problem in PD because of the constant tremor or
muscle resistance.  However, a very fast heart rate will also contribute to
weight loss.  This problem might not be seen in a doctor's office because
most patients have to sit for a long period of time before they are seen -
by that time the heart rate is normal as is the BP.  If your wife is
exhausted after exercise, her heart rate might not be returning to normal
for some time.  Jogging is about the worst thing she could do if a high
heart rate is her problem.
--------
God bless
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 68/28 with PD, died 11/20/07)