We're in the beginning stages of planning this year's Inkshed meeting in Fredericton, NB on May 31, the day after the CASDW (Canadian Association for the Study of Discourse and Writing) ends, and we'd like to invite Inkshed members, former members, and others interested in issues related to research and teaching writing in Canadian contexts to attend.

Registration
To register, email me at [log in to unmask]. I'll create an email list of those who are interested in attending and we'll go from there. Registration is free to members; non-members are welcome and whatever fee we ultimately charge will only be to cover food costs for lunch and coffee.

Program
The initial plan will be to follow the format of last year's one-day conference. Sixteen people attended, and the program emerged from email discussions held amongst those who planned to attend. This was a "working conference": the focus was on discussion and exchange, with presentations used sparingly and as a way to prompt discussion. This year we also have ideas that were proposed at last year's meeting:
These are, of course, only ideas and those who indicate an interest in attending this year's conference will ultimately decide what we spend our time working on.

The CASLL AGM
Action items identified at the end of last year's meeting included the following:

We'll schedule the AGM during the day sometime--it will be up to the conference participants to decide exactly when. Only members will be allowed to attend that session, however.

Membership
To become a member, please send $40 membership dues f($20 for grad students) to Brock MacDonald at the address below.  Make your check out to CASLL, or in full, the Canadian Association for the Study of Language and Learning.

W. Brock MacDonald
Director, Academic Writing Centre
Woodsworth College, University of Toronto
119 St. George Street
Toronto, ON   M5S-1A9

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you in New Brunswick.

Roger

Roger Graves
Director, Writing Across the Curriculum
780.492.2169

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- To leave the list, send a SIGNOFF CASLL-L command to [log in to unmask] or, if you experience difficulties, write to Russ Hunt at [log in to unmask]