(Apologies for cross-posting, though good news can never be shared enough!)

Dear Colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce a new issue – the first under the new masthead -- of the Canadian Journal for Studies in Discourse and Writing (formerly Technostyle), guest edited by Tracy Whalen, of the University of Winnipeg, and focussing on the coming of age of Writing Programs and Writing Studies in Canada and internationally. (See the link below.)

In this issue, you  will find four articles, two reviews, and an introduction by Tracy Whalen, articulating where writing programs and writing studies stand, nationally and internationally.

Sincere thanks are due to many for bringing this issue to life: Tracy Whalen and her colleagues in the University of Winnipeg’s Rhetoric, Writing, and Communications Department, for their early conversations leading to this proposed special issue of the journal; to Tracy Whalen herself for taking on the task of guest editing and for wrangling – gracefully -- all of the details entailed therein; to our contributing authors for their superb work, Anthony Petruzzi, Jaqueline McLeod Rogers, Diana Wegner, Felicitas Macgilchrist, Katrin Girgensohn, Ivan Roksandic, and Judy Z. Segal; to Shane Hendrickson, our inspired web designer; and to Robyn Harcott, for technical support at the University of the Fraser Valley.

It is a great pleasure to bring this work to you.

Gloria Borrows and Nadeane Trowse
Editors, Canadian Journal for Studies in Discourse and Writing

http://www.ufv.ca/cjsdw/journals.html (Please feel free to share this link with colleagues/associations for whom this issue may be of interest.)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- To leave the list, send a SIGNOFF CASLL-L command to [log in to unmask] or, if you experience difficulties, write to Russ Hunt at [log in to unmask]