Janet, there are good online DBS groups that you can also consider joining
to get information about the surgery.
You would need an evaluation as to whether you are suitable for it.  PD
being the complex illness it is, DBS does not improve many aspects of the
illness.  There are people who say it has made a difference to their quality
of life but others have probably not been as fortunate.  I should imagine
that there is a caveat - if the surgery has not gone well, you would
probably be too unwell to post about it on any online site.
Good luck!
Moneesha
Wife and CG to a PWP