I am writing for some advise and support. I am 58 and have been
diagnosed for 10 years. I was taking sinemet 4x day 25/250 and comtan
200 mg 4x. My doctor recently changed me to stalevo 200mg. 5x per day.
My dyskiniseas on all the medications are getting bad and my on time is
getting less and less.  If lucky I might get 2 hours of on time between
each dose.  When tired or under stress sometimes the medicine doesn't
even work.  My doctor is recommending DBS but I don't know what to do.
I live on Long island outside of Manhattan.  My question is, has anyone
had the surgery and did it help?  What is everyone's experience with
the surgery?   I     plan on getting a second opinion can anyone
recommend someone in this area?  My movement disorder doctor and the
surgeon are associated with North Shore University Hospital.  By the
way, I am still working as a teacher but think I will have to give it
up shortly.

Janet