Janet
I had DBS in February 2009 and like you was taking Stalevo 5 to 6
times a day and sometimes it didn't work.  My biggest problem was
freezing but my family said I was constantly moving.  To me the DBS
surgery    was a miracle.   However, the DBS isn't a cure and the PD
continues to progress.  Not everyone is a candidate for DBS, but  if
your doctor recommends it, go for it.  I had mine done at Buffalo
General.
Pam