I had an excercise bike that started to smolder (no actual flames) - the foam padding round
the pedal mechanism overheated.  It's surprising how fast you can dismount when you  must.

Try counting the number of gunshots on tv in one evening,  you may be surprised, especially if you add in other explosions and things like swordfights.