Hi Michele.  I've been on and off Azilect for quite a few years  now.  This
time for a year.  I don't pay much attention to the so  called
restrictions.  My neuro had told me the last time I saw him that  they have lifted many
of them.  Azilect is an MAO B Inhibiter.  I  believe it's the MAO A you have
to watch out for.  I do heed the warning  about being off of it for 2 weeks
prior to surgery.   There are  definitely some contraindications regarding
anesthesia, possible fatal.   Actually I don't see any difference when I'm
on it and off it but I think it may  still be neuroprotective so I take it.
Hope this helps.   Roberta

In a message dated 7/16/2011 2:04:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,