I was taking Sinemet / Stalevo 3-4 times a day, plus various other meds for years and I developed terrible dystonia. Walking became difficult and painful.  I added one 2mg tablet of Artane to each dose of Sinemet / Stalevo and the dystonia improved by about 90% to the point where it's not really an issue any more. The artane came with side effects of dry mouth, lower blood pressure, a little dizziness when standing up, and light headedness at times. But the trade-off was well worth it.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: PHL1037 <[log in to unmask]>
To: PARKINSN <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tue, Jul 19, 2011 2:07 am
Subject: Question on adjusting doses

I took Sinemet, Sinemet CR and Baclofen 4 times each day spaced 5-6 hours
part. Then Dystonia started to demand more 'something' so after consulting
ith  my Neurologist I added another 1/2 dose of Baclofen and amended my
chedule for  it accordingly, making the timing awkward. I also take Lyrica,
mantadine and  Selegiline 2 each per day, one each with my "morning" dose and
ne with my  "suppertime" dose.

ere's my question. When symptoms increase such as Dystonia or tremor is
ne better off increasing one or more of the doses and leaving the intervals
etween doses the same or adding a dose and decreasing the intervals. For
xample, I could add a dose of two regular Sinemet capsules and decrease the
intervals to 4 hours taking 5 doses instead of 4 or I could add 1/2 tablet
f  Sinemet to each of the current four doses.

hen I re-read this I'm not sure I haven't mangled it. If not and you have
n opinion or
xperience I would appreciate hearing it
o sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
n the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn