there's been plenty of arguing and name calling in the Congress during this "debate"  i don'y recall one politician actually talk about  the consequences what will happen to people if a trllion or more  cut from the budget. there will likely be dire consequences, especially for the elderly and sick Americans. It smells to me (even with my weak sense of smell )to be more about eliminating Medicare and Medicaid programs than about balancxing the budget

www.pdpipeline.org

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Rayilyn Brown <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: what do PWPs do without Social Security?
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:39:14 -0700

Social Security was passed in  1935, the year I was born.   For 75 years the GOP has  been trying to get rid of it.  In 2003 Medicare through Social Security paid for my two $150,000+ DBSs and my wheelchair.  My replacement batteries surgeries cost  $60,000  each  and I&rsquo;ve already had two replacement surgeries.  WHAT DO I DO IF THE REPUBLICANS SUCCEED THIS TIME?

WHAT WILL YOU DO?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-scheer/debt-madness-was-always-a_b_910543.html?utm_source=DailyBrief&utm_campaign=072711&utm_medium=email&utm_content=BlogEntry&utm_term=Daily%20Brief

Ray

Rayilyn Brown