Dear colleagues,

Cora Dietl, Phil Butterworth and I have combined forces to organise sessions for upcoming International Congress at Leeds July 9-12, 2012. We are anxious to have the widest possible call for papers so I apologize if you have already received a version of this notice.

The Congress theme is: ‘Rules to Follow (or Not)’. The theme lends itself to papers that are based on the texts but also to transgressions in performative activity that appear in the records. However, this title is also one that we may ‘Follow (or Not)’. We in the drama/theatre disciplines have tended to gather and organise our sessions for the Congress on topics that are of current interest in our research. So, if you do not have a topic that fits in with the Congress theme it looks as if  we have been given licence to provide our own theme if we wish.

At the Congress in 2010 we had a memorable day’s worth of papers in memory of Barbara Palmer. It is envisaged that we can again arrange another solid group of stimulating and enjoyable papers.

 If you would like to submit a paper towards these sessions then please send me an abstract before the 12 September, 2011 and no later. This deadline is slightly later than the normal Congress one but Phil thinks we might be able to squeeze it in.

 If you know of any doctoral candidates who might have something worthwhile to offer then please encourage them to submit an abstract.

 For those of you who may not know, this will be the last time the Leeds Congress will be using the Bodington campus. In 2013 it will be moving down to the centre of the city.

Best wishes