I am a 53 year old PWP, retired teacher with a wife and two boys.  I was diagnosed at the age of 39. About 5-7 years ago a friend was singing the praises of acupuncture as an alternative treatment for Parkinson's disease.  I signed up for a series of 10 visits.  It was interesting but to be honest, as much as I wanted to find something that relieved my symptoms, acupuncture wasn't it.  The really bad news was that the doctor left me alone 2 x for about 10 or 15 minutes to relax.but instead of relaxing I had a total anxiety attack, ending with me yelling for the doctor at the top of my lungs.   I didn't even finish the treatments.  So, for me, acupuncture was not a good deal.

I am interested in looking for research on the effectiveness of guided/self guided visualization as a means to slow down or eliminate symptoms of Parkinson Disease.  My wife's college volleyball coach had his team's (number 2 in the nation) athletes visualizing successfully hitting, passing or spiking the ball.  Skiers visualize the entire course in an effort to improve their scores.  Visualization is used in other fields to improve concentration. performance and mental outlook. Why wouldn't a organized program of positive visualization improve the health of PD sufferers?  If you or someone you know would be interested in participating in a study (assuming it hasn't already been done) please contact me on or off the list.   Anyone interested in giving me any input on the experimental design, I'd be obliged!

Thanks,
Scott Burnett