Hey Inga

>Recently I came across a research done by a university in Prague, Czech
Republic where they found out that marihuana usage helped relieve symptoms
of Parkinson's (e.g. bradykinesia, tremor). Has there been any research on
cannabis effect with Parkinson's patients in Canada?

I haven't been able to find any clinical research that a neurologist would seriously consider per se, although I can tell you that the "herb" is very helpful to ease the rigidity, help the nausea from the l-Dopa and lessen the tremor. The research that does exist talks about the effectiveness of "pharma" THC [Marinol, Dronabinol] vs the "raw form." [sidenote: the legal pharma version produces limited success, as the active compound is only 25-30% bio-available].

You might also find this link very helpful: http://www.torontohemp.com/phpBB3/index.php

~ J