We went to the neurologist this morning, and I was prepared for more of the same, his not really listening to my concerns about Jay's cognition.  (I never got around to Jan's suggestion to e-mail the doctor about it).  But he caught it right away, and did several pencil and paper tests, and the one where he mentions 3 things, and asks him to remember them a few minutes later.  He did not do well.  He's an artist, and he couldn't copy the image the doc drew.  What a shock to me.

I was surprised how badly he did.  The doctor then very seriously said that Jay should really think about whether to quit driving or not.  I remembered the post from someone (I'm so sorry I don't remember who) about her husband the attorney, who finally realized that it was the best idea to give up driving, partly because of the liability.  Jay's doctor really emphasized that, including the liability to the doctor, which I had never considered.

Anyway, after the visit I noticed Jay is sort of in shock.  It's going to take a while to adjust to the idea.  I was surprised that he even mentioned selling his truck.  This is a big one.  For a man to give up his independence like that is huge.

Diane, CG to Jay, 72/69/6