I have been thinking a lot about the day 10 years ago that turned the world
upside down...On September 11, 2001, I had been diagnosed with PD for four
years and was just beginning to comprehend the illness and what it might
mean. I had discovered this listserv and found it to be a great source of
information, encouragement, and solace.

When the Trade Center came down, the outpouring of emotion on the listserv
was incredible, as was the subsequent, months-long discussion of how to
respond to this  cataclysmic event. I remember voices from that time:
Camilla Flinterman;  Murray Charters; Don, whose last name I can't remember
and whom I think of as  "Don-and-Vivian Don"; and so many others, so many of
them gone.

Here's to the absent ones, to all of us, and to the possibility—distant
though it may seem—of a world in which people can coexist in peace.

Kathleen