kathleen , you bring tears to my eyes. so many good friends gone, so few of us remain from rhe old crowd. yet there are so many new friends who have taken over the roles of support, and have become suppliers of information. how lucky we are to have such friends.!

________________________________
From: Kathleen Cochran <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2011 2:54 PM
Subject: remembering 9/11

I have been thinking a lot about the day 10 years ago that turned the world
upside down...On September 11, 2001, I had been diagnosed with PD for four
years and was just beginning to comprehend the illness and what it might
mean. I had discovered this listserv and found it to be a great source of
information, encouragement, and solace.

When the Trade Center came down, the outpouring of emotion on the listserv
was incredible, as was the subsequent, months-long discussion of how to
respond to this  cataclysmic event. I remember voices from that time:
Camilla Flinterman;  Murray Charters; Don, whose last name I can't remember
and whom I think of as  "Don-and-Vivian Don"; and so many others, so many of
them gone.

Here's to the absent ones, to all of us, and to the possibility—distant
though it may seem—of a world in which people can coexist in peace.

Kathleen