Shan, Dulcolax Suppositories can be a help in relieving your mom's
constipation if she is unable to evacuate stool in her lower colon.

If her constipation continues, you might consider having a home health care
nurse help with this problem.  We often give oil retention enemas followed
by a fleet enemas when constipation persists regardless of stool softeners.
However, it is best if an RN evaluates your mom and shows you how the
procedure is done before you attempt it yourself.  You should have no
difficulty getting a referral from your mom's physician for home health care
for a limited period of time.

Constipation can become very serious and even cause death if it persists.
---------
Mary Ann RyN (CG Jamie 68/28 years with PD, died 11/20/07)