Ansa, I am not sure if turmeric is the same as curcumin, but it used in
traditional medicine, beauty preparations (said to be good for the skin) as
well as home remedies (e.g., tumeric in hot milk is supposed to be good for
colds) in India.  It is anti-inflammatory.  I began giving it to Prem after
someone mentioned on this forum that he had found it beneficial.  I did not
know what to expect, but noticed the improvement in balance after a couple
of months.  I am thankful for that and hope it continues because Prem has
had several falls and fractures.
Moneesha