I had almost the same experience with amantadine  as Nic described. I've had PD for 15 years, and was  doing well the for the first ten, but then it became trickier  trying to balance taking enough meds to be on and able to function, and also trying to avoid dyskinesia, which was becoming more disabling than  the PD symptoms themselves.

My current  meds are  1/2 levodopa/carbidopa and 3 mg. Ropinerole every three hours; also Tasmar 3 times a day. The dyskinesias were getting worse though and a few weeks  ago i started  on amantadine, which has been really effective in controlling the squirming  - some days i don't get dyskinetic at all, and surprisingly i'm finding my other PD symptoms  seem to have improved too.

Of course what we really need is a treatment that stops PD and regenerates our neurons. Tell  Congress  not to cut the NIH budget for medical research!