Hi, Zaheer,

Welcome. Most people in other parts of the world do not know enough about
Saudi Arabia. It will be interesting to learn how your healthcare systems
and your societal norms affect the way you are cared for as a PWP (person
with Parkinson's), and to then compare to the systems of members of this
listserv who live in other countries, all around the world.

I was also diagnosed in my mid-forties, and have been living with PD for
about 10 years. I'm now 58, with two grown children. It's a very hard thing
to come to grips with PD when it strikes early. I'd like to recommend that
you find or organize an "early onset" Parkinson's support group, whose
members could discuss common problems such as employment, family issues,
your primary care-giver, different medication strategies, etc. It's good to
have other people to talk to that really understand your unique situation.

I would also recommend that you read a lot about different issues related to
PD. It's often called a "designer" disease because each person is affected a
little differently by the many symptoms, and has different tolerances and
difficulties with medication and exercise. One person's solution may not be
right at all for someone else. So the more you know, the better the choices
you can make, in cooperation with your doctors, of course.

Linda Herman, a member of this listserv, is an author of a book called "When
Parkinson's Strikes Early", which was very helpful to me in my first years
of dealing with the disease. I think you could probably find the book
online, but let us know. I could find the book in my collection and provide
you the ISBN number or something.

Good luck.
Rick McGirr
Buffalo, NY USA