From: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: COMTAN & AZILECT

I had almost the same experience with amantadine  as Nic described. I've had
PD for 15 years, and was  doing well the for the first ten, but then it
became trickier  trying to balance taking enough meds to be on and able to
function, and also trying to avoid dyskinesia, which was becoming more
disabling than  the PD symptoms themselves.

My current  meds are  1/2 levodopa/carbidopa and 3 mg. Ropinerole every
three hours; also Tasmar 3 times a day. The dyskinesias were getting worse
though and a few weeks  ago i started  on amantadine, which has been really
effective in controlling the squirming  - some days i don't get dyskinetic
at all, and surprisingly i'm finding my other PD symptoms  seem to have
improved too.

Of course what we really need is a treatment that stops PD and regenerates
our neurons. Tell  Congress  not to cut the NIH budget for medical research!