Hello Everyone!

It is I, King of the Typos.

I have reviewed, tested, tinkered, tested some more on the process to go to my online support group. I'd want to apologize again for the inconvenience some of you may have had. I usually try to have everything running correctly. Long story short, I was confused myself in part, I was testing on the same machine that I set up on and apparently was in the wrong 'identity while doing some testing and the 'cookies' were  for the 'other' identity. Enough of that, Again sorry. I'd like to again invite all of you who tried and failed, to try once again. Here is the improved, streamlined process.

Invitations are NOT required, but 'approval to join' is (more on that later)

point your browser to:  http://www.binghamtonpast.com

click on signup. If you have facebook , google, yahoo, or twitter accounts you can use one of them to sign up - otherwise fill out the form to create a BP account

complete the short profile questionnaire.  photo is no longer required-Binghamton related questions are optional

once you are  on the home (main) page, hover your mouse over groups - click on PDSGBD from the drop down list
this will put you on the group home page. There will be a yellow bar at top of screen explaining that 'approval' is needed to join this group. Click on the link to ask to join. click the submit button (message is optional)  I will be notified that you are asking to join group.

When I 'approve' your request, the yellow bar will become green and a welcome message will appear. If I'm not online when you request and/or you are not online when I 'approve', emails will be sent as needed to alert you and/or me of your status.

thats it - your in.

I'm generally online most of the day EST time and through the evening until midnight, though I may not necessarily be sitting at my computer. But I have  an email notifier that I hear if  an email arrives. My point is that the  whole process should only takes a few minutes.
Again, I am very sorry for the bumpy start. Please try again.

Bill