Dear CASLL colleagues,

You've seen the invitation to the Inkshed conference next spring
(www.inkshed.ca/inkshed28/Inkshed28Call.pdf). Now let's also renew the
Inkshed tradition of reading and commenting between conferences. If you
have ideas to share, questions to ask, thoughts to formulate -- please
send them to me by January 20 for the Inkshed Newsletter.

In its new life, the newsletter will use blog software to present short
opinion pieces that invite multiple responses. These will be saved in a
searchable archive, so they will be both timely and recoverable. I'll
serve as blog moderator for now. We hope that bloggers will continue to
write and respond all year too.

The newsletter will also include other more traditional pieces --
reviews, accounts of research, investigations of theoretical or
practical questions -- presented in separate pages, with their own URLs.
If you want feedback and validation for this type of article, the
Inkshed Newsletter committee can form a peer-review group on request.

We hope to continue including short reflective stories and poems as well
-- about writing, about teaching, about life.

So keep thinking and writing over the holiday break, and let's all look
forward to some good reading in the new year.

Margaret Procter
     for the Inkshed Newsletter Committee