http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2011/12/rise-citizen-scientists-patient-initiated-research.html

Hi everyone!  The above is a link to an article about citizen science.  Basically, crowdsourcing ordinary people and patients to try to uncover new directions for therapies.  Over the years, I have watched this site with interest, people sharing information about fava beans, curcumin, things like that.  I have a friend who is a statistician, and another who is a systems engineer.  Would anyone be interested in working within (and working on if you have knowledge) some sort of framework to study something like fava beans?  Or maybe biofeedback? Or Yoga/Exercise?

I feel like we have this huge group here of computer literate and engaged patients.  Maybe we can help each other and help ourselves - and make some noise on our own behalf.  We would have to come together to choose what to study, it would have to be something readily available and without the need for expensive or specialized equipment.  Our results would be anecdotal and probably not close to scientifically rigourous enough on our own, but maybe we can come up with enough to get the attention of people who can take it to the next step?

I own a website where I could post questionnaires, feedback, statistics etc...and I can get some professionals to review our work and help us design a study. I think it could be an exciting project!

Any interest?

Meg