Act Today: Ask Congress to Repeal Medicare Therapy Caps!This notice enables you to email or call  your senators and representatives easily.  Since there is no cure for PD people need expensive help.

From: Parkinson's Action Network
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 2:06 PM
To: Rayilyn Brown
Subject: Act Today: Ask Congress to Repeal Medicare Therapy Caps!

            Update:  Medicare Therapy Caps Exception Extended to February 29

            Last month, we asked you to contact your Members of Congress and urge them to support legislation to repeal the Medicare therapy cap exceptions process.

            In 1997, Congress passed legislation that limits, or caps, the total amount of outpatient therapy services a Medicare beneficiary can receive each calendar year.  To mitigate the impact of these caps on the Parkinson’s community and others for whom the annual costs of therapy services often exceeds the annual limit, Congress established an exceptions process.  This process must be reauthorized by Congress each year.

            We believe Congress can and should do even more.  PAN supports the Medicare Access to Rehabilitation Services Act of 2011 (H.R. 1546/S. 829), which would eliminate Medicare therapy caps altogether.  This is critically important legislation for the Parkinson’s community and we need our voices to be heard.  Please take a moment to contact your Members today!

            On December 23, 2011, Congress passed, and the president signed, a two-month continuation of the Medicare therapy cap exceptions process.  Congress now has until February 29 to reauthorize the current exceptions process.

            Contact your Members of Congress today and urge them to support repealing Medicare therapy caps by co-sponsoring H.R. 1546/S.829!

            Take Action!

      If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here.