Kiitos, Joh. It was a good brief practical guideline for all of us.
I have been helping another PD patient find relief for nausea. This is likely to help.

Ansa
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of john emrys [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 January 2012 17:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: parkinson's newsletter.pdf ([log in to unmask])

On 2012-01-11, at 2:33 AM, Ansa Ojanlatva wrote:

>Then, what is now recommended for nausea with PD medications? Herbs?
AO

Not quite.

Roots. Specifically, ginger (organic is much stronger if you can find it in your area).

You can suck on a small piece if you feel the nausea coming on, but I've found an alternate way to be much easier.

Slice up a good amount, dump it into a tall coffee mug and fill with boiling water. After cooling, the "tea" can be drunk to wash down your regular meds instead of using just plain water.
Easy, and it prevents the nausea from starting, every time.

Leave the ginger slices sitting in the mug, or transfer to a water bottle. If you keep topping off the ginger-water each time you drink from it, the slices will last several days.

Also good for warming your core in winter and preventing head colds!  ;)

Best,

Joh