From: Meg Duggan
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ESC Mania and My personal expereince Dave

I'll tell you why I take it seriously Dave.  I worked publicly to help pass
a stem cell bill in Missouri when I was the head of a regional Parkinson
Foundation - Oklahoma was part of our service area.  People, perhaps under
the influence of a guy like this,  tracked down my home phone number and
address and called and mailed me death threats. I was the lucky recipient of
a box of bloody tissue.  My young son was accosted at his school and told
that his mother was a murderer and an agent of the devil.

I firmly believe in choice.  People certainly have the right to oppose this
research.  They do not have the right to obfuscate the issues,or  to use
their positions as public servants to stir up hate and fear.

Having been a target of this sort of hate mongering, I feel well able to
comment on this issue and to strongly oppose this irresponsible pandering.
There is a segment of the population that does indeed take this sort of
thing very seriously, and they threaten others rights on the most
fundamental level.