I have noticed some of you are listing your name and addresses on
your postings. This is risky in the age of hacking and identity theft.

Your postings are PUBLIC on the Parkinsn list, indexed by many search
engines all over the world by friends and foes.

Only you can protect yourself. What you may feel today that others
should know may not be the same as what you want others to know about
you in the future. Don't divulge private information to list members
unless you have a one on one relationship and even those may fall
apart in the unknown future.

Ninety nine percent of listmembers do not post but pick and choose
which threads to follow. Instructional postings relating to list
management do not get read and therefore acted on. I wish it was more
but in the life of a listserv list this is the norm.

Every day, look in a mirror and say over and over "I am responsible
for my own safety". The list is a public service provided free of
charge by the University of Toronto and Barbara Patterson and I
administer it. We face the same trials and tribulation as you and do
this as a "labor of love".

Needless to say we have the finest members here that are here to help
while Barb and I sleep.

Thank you all, your contributions are appreciated.

John Cottingham
 From the Land of Paridise, Philippines
co-owner Parkinsn