Denying treatment, denying choice is already a feature of medical care, and
has been for some time. For-profit insurers are certainly not averse to
piling on the procedures, diagnostics, and drugs for which they will not
pay, meaning that, as always, it's the very rich who can get the best that
medicine has to offer, anywhere in the world, while the rest of us figure
out what we will forego in order to, let's say, continue to take brand name
Sinemet when our coverage is limited to generics. (And for many, all
assertions to the contrary, there IS a difference between the two.) Or
perhaps we wake up from a colonoscopy to find that a preventive exam turned
into something else, something not covered, when a suspicious polyp was
removed while we were unconscious.

Thanks to the new policies under Obama, my 23-year-old nephew is able to
remain on his parents' policy, not stranded without insurance, as my kids
were after college; and my friend with cancer can't be denied coverage
because of her condition. Those are HUGE changes that positively affect the
lives of countless Americans.

If the Supreme Court undoes the new health care laws, what's the point?
Congress might as well go home. It's what they seem to do best, anyway.

Kathleen