From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rayilyn Brown
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: WHAT W I LL YOU DO IN NOVEMBER?

Hi David,

and thanks for responding.  I guess you fear Obama has death panels in store for us, right?  So what do you suggest for health care?

At one time in history  feudalism was a  "better" system.   Capitalism and
industralization  definitely led to human progress; non-industial societies don't do very well.  But is this the end of the  line?  The best we can do?
I specifically asked why profit had to be a part of health  care and you did not address that question.

The defects of the "free market" system put us in this mess, not Mr. Obama.
The repeal of  the Glass-Seagall Act's ban on investment and commercial banking in one institution led to the financial breakdown.  It had kept us safe since the 1930's

I for one  am tired of hearing about the superiority of the  United States.
For your information  DBS was first done by a French doctor.   ProSavin is
only being  done in the UK and France.

I also think the big government vs. small government issue is a phony one.
What matters is who is in  the government not how big or small it is.  For the past few decades  Republicans have gotten control  of  many state governments.  Witness the retrogressive, extremist legislation they are producing or attempting to produce, personhood laws, bans on collective bargaining, invasive vaginal exams, voter suppression, anti-abortion, stand your ground, etc.  Talk about Big Brother!!!!

These issues do affect people with Parkinson's and all diseases for that
matter.   We ignore them at our peril.