This is Dolores Gross message to Mary Ann which was rejected by PIEN because it was not in plain text.  I  changed it for her and posted it – the whole thing – and Dave for some reason thought  it was directed at him.  Plain text has nothing to do with  opinions, but with fonts.    Sorry for the confusion.

“Mary Ann,
For better or for worse politics does play an important part in determining
whether research
that leads to a cure or a less painful life will be pursued, and the
importance of voting in November
should not be under estimated. It was during President Bush's
administration that his Bioethics
Commission was stacked with anti-ESC research members, and meaningful
research sidelined and made
virtually impossible because of restrictions that were imposed. I recall
too, that true to his word Presi-
dent Obama signed legislation very shortly after taking office that
authorized this research. Politics and
the vote matters.”

Ray
Rayilyn Brown