As most parkies know, most of the positive changes or maintinance of our daily well -being is dependent on a complex pile of medicines and possible surgeries in which our brain is invaded and "adjusted," to work with our diminished store of dopamine.
	Imagine my surprise when my nuero told me that we could treat two of my problems without increasing my medications.  i had a lot of problems with dizziness and the subsequent falls when I got up too fast.  These stumbling episodes were becoming more common.  My doctor suggested I increase my salt intake via V 8 juice and salt tablets to increase my overall blood pressure.  Result... no dizzy spellss for 4 weeks.
	The second situation involved the sleep apnea so common to PD sufferers.  I bought one of those My Pillow adjustable firmness pillows so I can sleep on my side and elevate my head and neck.  i'm sleeping better, my neck hurts less and my wife says my sleep apnea symptoms are much milder.
hooray for non pharmetcutical interventions!

Scott Burnett
209-478-9328