Dave, you said

“I am much more concerned about Big Brother telling us what we can or cannot be treated for. I've seen the quotes, and the Panels of Experts that will eventually be formed under ObamaCare will have the power to deem an individual unfit for further treatment, or a specific treatment, (based on economic concerns”

I would like to see the “quotes”  for a couple of reasons:

When I check stuff out, like a right-wing site’s claim that the Supreme Court had decided that being born in the US was not enough for citizenship, I found the cases said exactly the opposite!!!  Many of their “facts” are either misinterpretations or outright falsehoods.

Under Medicare someone decides what treatments will be covered and when they will be covered.   For example, my 2 DBS’s were done in 2003 the first year they were covered by Medicare.   If I had had them done in 2002 they would have bankrupted me.   Medicare is a great success.   And the people who decide on treatments are not malevolent ghouls.

I also want to add to Rick’s comment about your Stalinist Russia comparison.  I have been to the  USSR 3 times and can verify that they have been an authoritarian society for centuries, (just as I had taught my students), being about 2-3 centuries behind the rest of the Western world.  I  know nothing about the  new Russia, but doubt it is still 1950 there.

Finally, I would like examples of what Big Brother is making you do.

Ray
Rayilyn Brown
Past Director AZNPF