Hey Guys - I've been emailing a "5 Tips" thing each Tuesday.  Im copying todays below.  This is the third, the first two were Air Travel and making your computer more accessible.  If you would like to get them, just sign go to my site and sign on to the "Newsletter" thing in the upper right.  I'm doing these weekly things and then a newsletter maybe every nine months or so - really whenever there is something critical to write about.

Also - I'm trying to build a tool kit of information it would be nice to have - maybe different ones for different stages.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be useful to include?

For some reason - my pretty pictures didn't copy! SORRY. Google images will show you exactly what a handy bar and car lazy susan look like....

PD – 5 Tips for Getting In and Out of a Car
1.When getting into a car, turn so that your body is parallel with the seat. Find a safe handhold, and then lower yourself onto the seat so that your back is facing the side of the car seat. Rest, and then swing your legs into the car.  Rock your hips to help your legs and upper body work in tandem as you turn toward the windshield.

2.When getting out of a car, reverse the process.  Rock your hips until you can begin to turn your body toward the outside.  Place your feet squarely on the ground and rest.  Find a secure handhold, and slowly rise to a standing position.  Rest before you move forward.

      3. Buy a swiveling device, or a lazy susan for the seat.

4.Home medical supply companies sell a very sturdy handle that grips the striking plate on the car.  This is an excellent height from which to gain traction as you stand.  This device is often called a “handy bar.”

5.Buy seat covers made of a slippery material or beads.  These are much easier to maneuver on than velour car seats.